MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
Product name: Sweet basil Oil
1. IDENTIFICATION OF SUBSTANCE/PREPARATION & COMPANY.
Product name: Sweet basil oil
Manufacturer/Supplier: Hanoi Natural Essential oil., JSC
Add: Bai Dai Village, Tien Xuan Commune, Thach That Dist, Hanoi City, Vietnam
Emergency telephone: +84 866 053 350
Emergency Contact: Ms. Jenny Nguyen
2. COMPOSITION / INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS.
Definition/Botanical Origin: Definition: Sweet basil oil obtained from the steam distillation from the leaves of Ocimum basilicum origin from Vietnam.
Composition: Sweet basil Oil – 100% pure & natural CAS number: 8015-73-4FEMA number: 2119INCI Name: Ocimum basilicum Oil
3. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION: This product is not hazardous. Not dangerous for the environment.H304 May be fatal if swallowed and enters airwaysH315 Causes skin irritationH317 May cause an allergic skin reactionH319 Causes serious eye irritation
4. FIRST-AID MEASURES:
Inhalation: Remove from exposure site to fresh air. Keep at rest. Obtain medical attention.
Eye contact: Rinse immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 mins. Contact a doctor if symptoms persist.Skin contact: Remove contaminated clothes. Wash thoroughly with soap & water, flush with plenty of water. If irritation persists, seek medical advice.Ingestion: Rinse mouth out with water. Seek medical advice immediately.Other: When assessing action take Risk & Safety Phrases into account (Section 15)
5. FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES. Extinguishing media Use CO2, Dry Powder or Foam type Extinguishers, spraying extinguishing media to base of flames. Do not use direct water jet on burning material.Special measures: Avoid vapour inhalation. Keep away from sources of ignition. Do not smoke. Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus & protective clothing.Extinguishing procedures: Closed containers may build up pressure when exposed to heat and should be cooled with water spray.
6. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES. Personal precautions: Avoid inhalation & direct contact with skin & eyes. Use individual protective equipment (safety glasses, waterproof-boots, suitable protective clothing) in case of majillages.Environment pr*ecautions: Keep away from drains, soils, surface & groundwaters.Cleaning up methods Remove all potential ignition sources. Contain spilled material. Cover for spillages: with an inert or non-combustible inorganic absorbent material, sweep up and remove to an approved disposal container. Observe state, federal & local disposal regulations.
7. HANDLING & STORAGE. Precautions in handling: Apply good manufacturing practice & industrial hygiene practices, ensuring proper ventilation. Observe good personal hygiene, and do not eat, drink or smoke whilst handling.Storage conditions: Store in tightly closed original container, in a cool, dry & ventilated area away from heat sources & protected from light. Keep air contact to a minimum.Fire protectio Keep away from ignition sources & naked flames. Take precautions to avoid static discharges in working area.
8. EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION. Respiratory protection: Avoid breathing product vapour. Apply local ventilation where possible.Ventilation: Ensure good ventilation of working area. Hand protection: Avoid all skin contact. Use chemically resistant gloves if required.Eye protection: Use safety glasses.Work/Hygiene practices: Wash hands with soap & water after handling.
9. PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES. Appearance: Mobile liquid Colour: Pales yellow to dark yellow color Odour: Typical essential oilFlash point: > 87°C. Specific gravity at 20°C: 0.948 – 0.970. Refractive index at 20°C: 1.510 – 1.520. Optical Rotation at 20°C: -1° to +2°. Solubility in water: Insoluble
10. STABILITY & REACTIVITY.Reactivity: It presents no significant reactivity hazards, by itself or in contact with water. Avoid contact with strong acids, alkali or oxidising agents.Decomposition: Liable to cause smoke & acrid fumes during combustion: carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide & other non-identified organic compounds may be formed.
11. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION. According to current information, not classed as hazardous to health in normal industrial use.
12. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION. Biodegradability: Data not availablePrecautions: Prevent surface contamination of soil, ground & surface water.
13. DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS. Avoid disposing to drainage systems and into the environment. Seek expert advice.
14. TRANSPORT REGULATIONS. Shipping by Road (ADR/RID): This product is not considered as dangerous goodsShipping by Air (IATA) : This product is not considered as dangerous goodsShipping by Sea (IMDG): This product is not considered as dangerous goodsPacking: Safety packing in HDPE drumLabel: Sweet basil Oil
15. REGULATORY INFORMATION. According to Directive 88/379/EEC Hazards: HarmfulSymbols: N/ARisk Phrases: Harmful if swallowedSafety Phrases: If swallowed seek medical advice immediately and show the container / label
16. OTHER INFORMATION. Cosmetics Directive – 7th Amendment – Not RestrictedCheck maximum usage levels for skin care products.
PACKAGING: Packaged by:
- Lacquer lined steel/tin
- Other PLastic
SHELF LIFE: Best before 36 months from manufacturing date.
Q.C. REQUIREMENTS. In-line with general product specification. Always satisfy suitability for specific application.The data provided in this material safety data sheet is meant to represent typical data/analysis for this product and is correct to the best of our knowledge. The data was obtained from current and reliable sources, but is supplied without warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its’ correctness or accuracy. It is the user’s responsibility to determine safe conditions for the use of this product, and to assume liability for loss, injury, damage or expense arising from improper use of this product. The information provided does not constitute a contract to supply to any specification, or for any given application, and buyers should seek to verify their requirements and product use.